Questions to ask Movers in Oklahoma City Before You Choose
Would you hand over your life’s possessions to just anyone without asking some questions first? Of course you wouldn’t! So why not ask the movers you’re using in Oklahoma City as many questions as possible before handing them the keys to your life? Here are 3 categories of questions you should ask of residential moving companies in Oklahoma City.
What sort of licenses, insurance and liability your movers in Oklahoma City offer
Making sure that everything they touch is insured against unfortunate incidents can be a big peace of mind question. The movers in Oklahoma City are all good people who would not intentionally damage your goods, but accidents happen from loading, to the road, to unloading. Here are the questions you need to ask to protect yourself:
- Are you licensed movers in Oklahoma City
- Do you carry Liability Insurance and Workers Compensation Insurance
- What kind of insurance do you carry for broken items, like my big screen TV
When those 3 questions clear with your movers in Oklahoma City you can move on to the next batch.
What sort of charges will the residential moving companies in Oklahoma City charge me
Now that you know you can trust your movers, since they have the right licenses and insurance, you can move on to talking about money. These are the key questions to ask movers in Oklahoma City in regards to charges:
- Do you require a deposit
- Can you give me an exact quote before the move
- Are there additional charges to be tacked on at the end such as fuel and mileage
- Do you charge by the hour or for overtime
At this point you should have a great idea of how much you will be charged. Getting an exact moving quote can be a key factor. Not being surprised with additional charges at the end helps you stay on budget.
Other deciding questions to ask movers in Oklahoma City
The above 2 sets of questions should have narrowed your choices down quite a bit. These last few questions should help you make your final choice:
- How long has your moving company been in business
- Can you give me referrals to other clients
- Does the Better Business Bureau rate them well
- Are you equipped to handle my large items such as pool tables and pianos
These last details about the movers in Oklahoma City you’re considering should give you those last pieces of information you need. Perhaps the biggest question of all will be for referrals. There is nothing like positive feedback from someone who has used these movers before to help you decide.
If you’d like to start researching movers in Oklahoma City, we invite you to come visit the website of Able Movers. Our free moving quote page can help you budget your next move, and our staff are available to answer all of the above questions.